Group home in Camillus catches fire, eight residents displaced
To view our videos, you need to
install Adobe Flash 9 or above. Install now.
Then come back here and refresh the page.
CAMILLUS, N.Y. -- A state group home in Camillus caught fire, leaving eight people without a home. Crews were called to a home on Genesee Street in Camillus around 8:30 p.m. Wednesday.
They say the fire started in a second-floor bathroom when a vent fan caught on fire. Officials say the fire then spread through the ceiling and into the attic.
Firefighters were able to put it out within four minutes. No one was injured.